The update to Moleskine is absolutely huge!! So huge, that I am going to list all the info via the developers below! But, I can’t resist telling you about some of the new features that I think are seriously sweet!! When you first open the app and are on the list of all your folders, you can tap the top status bar to turn on the ability to reorder your folders…just tap it again to turn off the reordering! I absolutely love this feature. This is much better than the previous version where the Folder were stuck in the order they were created in! You can use this same technique in edit mode to turn on/off auto capitalization.
Another sweet new feature is that you can now add a voice note to your notes! In order to do so, you must create a folder then inside that folder, add a note. Once the note is added you can go into it and you will see a record icon at the bottom of the screen. When you tap it, it will bring up two icons – a camera lens and a speaker. The ability to add a video note is not yet available (though coming soon!) so, you will want to choose the speaker icon. You can then record a voice note!! Once you are finished, and have tapped stop, it will show up as a little tape cassette. To listen to it, just tap on the cassette icon and you will get a menu with the following options; Play, Delete, Change Icon (and there are some cool cassette icons!!) and Cancel. The sound quality of the voice notes are excellent. I just can’t get over how seriously sweet this it. I already totally love this app and now it just got soooo much better…just wait until the video notes! MAN!
Now for a quick run down of a few other new features. There is now the ability to go back to the previous screen by shaking your iPhone. Though, it doesn’t really take a shake, just a gentle tilt will do the trick. It also auto saves what you were working on and creates a back-up of the app when you tap the Home button and go back to the SpringBoard. Both are very nice features to have!
If those updates in themselves weren’t enough, there are A TON more!! It is going to take some time playing with the app to really feel the full effects of all the new features, changes and bug fixes!! I just can’t get over how much I like this app and how well it is developed…it might be shaping up to become my favorite app! Moleskine is available through the databinge source. See below for full list of new features, changes and bug fixes via the developer…oh, and screenshots too.
Note: I almost forgot about another really cool options with version 0.37b2…the ability to change the skins of the folder, note and cassette icons is now part of the free version!! So, mode away!
Update: Version 0.37b3 was just released and it adds the auto-correct feature back into the app…it was accidently removed from version 0.37b2.
• Added voice notes recording
• Added cassette icons to the theme
• Animate audio and camera button
• 2-finger tap (on the same row)/slide on the browser view to toggle maximise/minimize browser (use 1 finger to scroll)
• Localization : French version is available (with French theme shortly at sosiphone.com)
• Sorting added
• Tap on status bar when in full browsing mode to toggle rearranging (status bar will turn orange)
• Tap on status bar when in full editting mode to toggle auto-capitalization
• Shake to go back to the previous view
• Last note editted is saved if user exit directly by pressing HOME button
on exit, a backup is created
• Popup notifications changed to slide up notifications
• Destructive button for delete
• Improvement memory management
• Tap once in text area to toggle editting mode
• Slide finger in editting mode (instead of tapping) to bring up magnifier (if you tap, if will hide the keyboard – sliding is keeping your fingers there and move around while tapping is just tap and instantaneously lifting your fingers)
• In full editting mode, everything else gets hidden to give more space
• When magnifying on text, the whole text area will shift down a little to accomodate the magnifying glass so that it is not out of range if you try to edit the top most line
• Large text
• Removed the option to delete a folder if it contains subfolder (makes the program more stable)
• Scrolling about view
• Removed instructions
• Renamed preferences plist
• Magnifier not focused
• Last line of text hidden
• When transitioning to editting view, text appears large and shrinks immediately
You will notice that when you launch it for the first time, it will quite immediately. That’s normal. After that it should be fine. A lot of those features that you have seen in the video (camera, different ways of using accelerometer, are not released yet). I think the list above will get me lots of bugs report .. maybe too much to handle at the moment to release everything.