Ok, for the longest time I have not been able to figure out how to easily take a screenshot of my lock screen on my iPhone. Honestly, I was hoping we would see Capture updated for the 2.x firmware but since it has not happened yet I decided I better try a different method (though, I am still hoping to see Capture!)! Here is what I figured out…ok, Doug actually told me about it! :) Either way, below are step-by-step instructions on how to take a screenshot of your lock screen on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
1. Installer UIKits Tools via Cydia
3. SSH into your iPhone using mobile instead of root. You will need to create a new login. The Host Name is still your IP address however, the User Name is mobile (instead of root), the password is still alpine. For more info on SSHing into your iPhone…see our SSH page.
4. Once you are into your iPhone or iPod Touch, you will need to open Terminal. If you are using WinSCP you can press the Control button and the “T” key, on your keyboard, at the same time and it will open a terminal window. If you are not using WinSCP you can Google how to open a terminal using your program.
5. Make sure your iPhone is on the lock screen and your lock screen is illuminated.
6. Type uishoot into the command area and execute the command.
7. Doug and I always get an error saying that the command failed but, the screenshot always shows up in our Camera Roll. So, I’m not sure if it is actually supposed to do that or not but, it still works.
8. Go into the Camera Roll on your iPhone and find your screenshot.
Overall, this is a fairly simple way to take a screenshot of your lock screen. Maybe not the most convent way but, simple none the less.
Note: This method will only work if you are near a computer.