|Available In: App Store||Price: $0.99|
Robotvision, an augmented reality application, is now available in the App Store. A few days ago we covered the app and were awaiting it’s release. Well, wait no more, you can now pick it up for just $0.99 in the App Store. Below is the demo video for those of you who missed it the first time… a pretty sweet app.
Remember: you will need an iPhone 3GS with 3.1 firmware in order to install the app.
App Store Description:
Robotvision augmented reality browser is an exciting new way to explore the world around you. Using the accelerometer and compass technology of the iPhone 3GS, along with new camera capabilities of the 3.1 OS update, you can discover content and locations around you like never before. People say it’s like magic!
Search for nearby locations, restaurants, points of interest — you name it! All using the power of Bing local search. Discover photographs taken and geo-tagged by Flickr users in the area. Find and engage with people on Twitter in your area – all just by looking around like you normally would!
Since Robotvision is powered by Bing, you get reviews from Yelp and Citysearch all in one place!
ReadWriteWeb says Robotvision “looks like it could be a good one,” and that “local Tweets and Flickr photos bring more richness to the places you’re looking at.”
What others are saying:
* “…looks amazing.”
* “…something really awesome.”
* “…can’t wait, straight out of iRobot!”
* “…now I really need an iPhone 3GS!”
* Type in anything you want to find with Open-ended Search
* Get a top-down view from Google Maps by looking down
* Quickly select from popular location categories like Coffee Shops and Tourist Attractions
* Discover rich, social content like Flickr and Twitter, with more on the way!
* Easily jump to more info on Bing like restaurant reviews, call a location or get driving directions
* Touch to select and navigate through items around you
* Set your range with an Adjustable Radius
Updates to Robotvision will always be free. Expect more exciting content to enrich the world around you coming soon!
Robotvision is only available for the iPhone 3GS.