Analock HD is a simple, clean lock screen mod. The lock screen displays the current time, date, day of the week, temperature and weather conditions. And, like Sublime Lock HD, what I love most about this lock screen mod is how easy it is to customize… no coding involved!! I have actually been using this lock screen for a while now and I decided it was time to pass it along! Below are the step-by-step instructions on how to install, activate and customize the Analock HD lock screen mod.
Side Note: Like always, the instructions might look long but that is only because I explain every little step.
1. Install Analock HD from Cydia (it is in the BigBoss source).
2. Go into WinterBoard and activate AnalockHD.
3. Turn off any other lock screen mods… such as LockInfo.
4. Open Safari.
5. Type the following URL into Safari – file:///Library/Themes/AnalockHD.theme/config.html. This needs to be typed exactly. Or, if you are on your iOS device, just click on the link.
6. Set the URL as a bookmark. This is done by tapping the + icon at the bottom of Safari and selecting the “Add Bookmark” option.
7. In Safari, go to weather.yahoo.com and search for the weather you would like displayed on the lock screen. Example) St. Paul, MN
8. Once the specific weather page has loaded in Yahoo Weather, go into the URL and copy the number at the end of the URL. Example) http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/minnesota/st.-paul-2487129/… you would copy the bold numbers in the example.
9. In Safari, open the bookmark for the theme settings that you created in step 6.
10. Choose your settings. This lock screen has a decent amount of settings including; the ability to choose a, clock type, color, temp unit, update times, clock text… etc.
11. Paste the number you copied from Yahoo Weather into the “Yahoo! Code” field.
12. Once you are finished customizing the lock screen, select “Save” at the bottom.
13. Your changes are now saved.
14. Respring your device.
15. The changes will now display on your lock screen!
Simple and easy! There are a few things I like about this mod and one feature I would love to see. What I like about it is that it is simple, clean and easy to customize. I also like that you can change the clock text to anything you would like it to say! Lastly, I like that you can choose whatever background you would like behind the mod. The one feature I would still like to see is that when you select the color in the settings, it would change the slider to that color as well. Right now, the slider stays red. I can’t help it… I have an addiction to uniformity! Overall, another sweet mod by Andy9l.