TextTwist is a fun little game where you are given six letters and two minutes to make as many words as possible from those six letters. The app opens to an info screen giving you the basic info on how to use the app. From there you will get the play screen with six letter at the bottom. To make a word just tap on the letters (in order) and it will add them to the boxes above it. If you want to change the word once it is already in the boxes just tap on the letter again and it will move it back down. To see if you have created a word, double tap the middle of the screen. If you haven’t formed a word it will say No…if you have, you will get points based on the length of the word you created…90 points for a three letter work, 160 for a four letter word, 250 for a five letter word. If you create a correct six letter word you automatically qualify for the next round (the only way I have found to get to the next round is by getting a six letter word). Also, every time to create a word it will display it on the screen in the little boxes…those little boxes are all of the possible words that can be created from the six letters. The coolest part of the app is that you can tilt your iPhone vertically and then back horizontally (slightly quickly) and it will rearrange the letters…which always helps me when I am stuck!! The time and score are located in the upper right corner…the time counts down from two minutes. When the two minutes is up you will screen a little screen displaying your score and the high score and…it will fill in all the little boxes, displaying all the possible words. To play again just tap two fingers in the middle of the screen. I do wish you could rearrange the letters once they were already in the box or at least change the second letter without taking them all down first. Also, the dictionary is not perfect…there are times when I create a word such as dealt…which is a word but the app will not accept it. Overall, a fun game that is highly addicting! This app is not available through the installer…below are the instruction on how to install TextTwist and the screenshots:
Thanks to the developer of TextTwist – digicide.
To get TextTwist on your iPhone:
1. Add the Jiggy Main Repository source.
2. Install version .25 of Jiggy and Jiggy Runtime or higher.
3. Download the TextTwist zip file HERE.
4. Unzip the TextTwist file and save it to your computer.
5. Drag the TextTwist.app file from your computer to your iPhone via SSH into the /Applications folder.
6. Change the permissions of the TextTwist.app folder to 0755. To do this, just select all the files in the TextTwist.app folder, right click, select properties and change the Octal to 0755. You will also need to open the two folders, letters and messages, inside of the TextTwist.app and do that same thing.
7. Restart your iPhone
There you go! You should be able to see the TextTwist icon on your desktop! Enjoy!