New Poll

It’s time for a new Poll!! YAY! The last poll was – How much would you pay for an App from the App Store? (USD) Below are the results based on when we added it a little over a week ago.

Nothing, they should be free. (54%, 1,120 Votes)
$0.99 (15%, 309 Votes)
$1.99 (13%, 278 Votes)
$4.99 (6%, 117 Votes)
More than $4.99 if the app is worth it. (13%, 264 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,088

My vote actually went to $1.99. I think that is a fair yet reasonable price. However, I will say that I am willing to pay more if an app is really sweet. You can still vote on this Poll in our Poll Archive page. You can also vote/view all the past polls on the Poll Archive page as well. Now, for the new poll:

If the 3G rumor is true, what will you do?

  • Sell my iPhone & buy a 3G iPhone (31%, 685 Votes)
  • Keep my iPhone & buy a 3G iPhone (20%, 440 Votes)
  • Keep my iPhone & not buy a 3G iPhone (23%, 516 Votes)
  • Buy a 3G iPhone (I currently do not have an iPhone) (8%, 188 Votes)
  • I don't really care about the 3G iPhone (17%, 385 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,214

Loading ... Loading ...

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)


  1. I’m kind of torn on that subject. If the rumors about the phone are true and it has real GPS and other features, then I might go ahead and upgrade. However, I live in New Mexico where I doubt T-Mobile is going to have 3G any time soon. So it might be pointless. I’ll probably wait for awhile and see how things progress. I definitely wouldn’t buy it as soon as it came out. It took the community six months or so to REALLY get the iPhone hacked, so it might take awhile (nowhere near as long probably) to have everything running smoothly.

  2. 3G, GPS, 32 gig storage. if those three rumors are true then yep. as long as its under 500

  3. I have a 16gb and bought with a case so the total was like 580$ maybe i can get a 32gb or for sure a 16gb 3g iphone

  4. I heard something about Apple letting us trade in our iPhones and pay the difference for the 3G. Anyone know anything about this?? I hope they let us do that? Or do u think if my iPhone “breaks” i can get a 3G instead of a reburbed??

    • That would be cool…trade and pay the difference. However, I’m not too sure about the “breaking” thing. I think Apple would end up with a lot of “broken” iPhones!

  5. I would love the trade up option since I just got my iphone in February when I had waited as long as I could stand it and now there’s a new model !

    • Don’t worry. There will always be a new model. What if you buy the brand new model right away and there is something wrong with the design? You always want to wait a few months and let others try it out for you. If you wait, that would be even longer without an iphone. At this point, wait for the one after this one. That’s what I do. I upgrade every two models.

    • I think what they should do for all of us first gen iPhone owners is let us trade it in or upgrade for a discounted price otherwise we would all be stuck in our 2 year contract (if on AT&T). Then, we could just extend our contract with the new model.

  6. The option that says “more than $4.99 if the app is worth it” doesn’t really say a lot, because I’d pay a million dollars if the app were worth a million. The question is how much are the apps actually worth.

    A survey I’d be interested in seeing is:
    Assume every jailbroken app currently out costs $ dollars. How many (or which apps) would you buy?

    This question could be repeated at $5, $2, $1, and $0.50.

  7. I would pay 0.99