Today’s poll is out of sheer curiosity. Neither Doug nor I have upgraded to iOS 4.2.1. We are waiting for an untethered jailbreak… there are just too many things we miss when we are not jailbroke. Anyway, I was curious to see if you have taken the plunge… jailbreak or not.
I have always been curious about this… do people pay for themes? I personally have never paid for a theme in Cydia but honestly, that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t if I found one I really liked. I think Doug has bought a theme or two. If you have purchased a theme… let us know in the comments which one and if you thought it was worth the $.
Side Note: Not gonna lie… Smoog is still my favorite theme… I’m rockin’ it right now!
It’s taken a little over 4 years and 4 iPhone but it is finally here! Skype on your iPhone just like a phone call. You can sign in and then close the app and when a call comes in, it rings! You can also close the app while you’re on a call and stay connected! These are features we’ve all been waiting for! Now I know Skype has been out for the iPhone before, but this is the way it always should have worked.
Now I don’t use Skype that much so this is kinda kewl. I only really use it to talk to a friend in Brazil every couple months. I sure some of you use it on a daily basis. So, let’s find out! [Read more...]
The dev team has been tweeting lots of good news lately. What does all of this mean? It pretty much means the jailbreak is figured out and now they are making a simple little program for all of us to run to get it done. Once it’s out we’ll let you know. I still plan on jailbreaking my iPhone 4. Mostly to get rid of the pop ups from text messages. And I love the weather in my status bar.
@MuscleNerd has posted the following tweets:
Engadget has finally found proof that the contract between Apple and AT&T for the iPhone was 5 years. That would mean no Verizon iPhone this year. But there are always renegotiations and all sorts of other ways Apple could have ended the agreement. Apple did develop the iPad to run on AT&T and not Verizon so this may also be a hint. I’m guessing that Apple will wait until LTE technology is released and all carriers use it so they can sell only one phone.
Here’s what I’d like to know. If you have an iPhone right now, would you switch to Verizon if they get the iPhone? If you’re reading this and don’t have an iPhone and are with Verizon already, would you buy an iPhone once it comes to Verizon? Answer below in the polls and let us know more by telling us why in the comments. [Read more...]
With today’s announcement of the new iPad, we’re wondering how many will buy the new iPad from Apple? Let us know in the comments why or why not and what model you’re planning on getting. I am planning on getting one. Depending on exactly how the 3G data service works, I will get the 64GB with 3G but not activate it for now. Gonna have to save up first…
Will you buy the new iPad (tablet) from Apple?
- Yes (36%, 1,093 Votes)
- No (64%, 1,929 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,019
In my previous article I talk about the new tablet from Apple and the possibility of it running App Store apps. Hypothetically speaking, if they do release a tablet and it does run apps from the App Store (regardless of what OS or variation of OS it’s running) would you want us to write reviews and cover news stories about it? Right now I am considering it but I want to know what the readers think. Let me know by voting below. Also let me know in the comments what you think.
Would you like us to cover the upcoming Apple Tablet?
- Yes. (79%, 833 Votes)
- No. (8%, 83 Votes)
- Don't care. (13%, 141 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,056
It’s time for a new poll. The last poll was – What app do you use to get jailbroke applications onto your iPhone and/or iPod touch? Below are the results.
* Cydia (77.0%, 2,372 Votes)
* Icy (2.0%, 68 Votes)
* Rock Your iPhone RockApp (7.0%, 200 Votes)
* Installer (4.0%, 112 Votes)
* I’m not jailbroke. (10.0%, 309 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,061
Well, it seems that the majority of jailbroke iPhone and iPod touch users prefer Cydia which really doesn’t surprise me too much. What does surprise me is that 7% of the voters use Rock Your iPhone (RockApp). I didn’t expect it to be that many.
The next poll was inspired by tomorrow’s launch of the Motorola DROID.
Do you think the launch of the DROID will negatively affect iPhone sales?
- Yes (16%, 111 Votes)
- No (55%, 392 Votes)
- Either way, competition is a good thing! (29%, 209 Votes)
Total Voters: 712
Time for a new poll. The last poll was – Do you use the passcode lock on your iPhone and/or iPod touch? Below are the results.
* Yes (46.0%, 485 Votes)
* No (54.0%, 559 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,044
I think it is interesting that this is almost a 50/50 vote. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to passcode lock my iPhone or not… at the moment it does not have a passcode lock on it. You can still vote on this Poll in our Poll Archive page. You can also vote/view all the past polls on the Poll Archive page as well.
The next poll I decided to do after some frustration about the fact that lately quite a few jailbroke applications automatically install the Rock Your iPhone RockApp when they are installed. I personally use Cydia and do not want to install RockApp. Then I got to thinking… maybe some people do use RockApp. Thus the poll.
Time for a new poll. The last poll was – What type of App Store applications do you tend to install most often? Below are the results.
* Books/Education Apps (Math Flash Cards, The Love Dare… ) (6.0%, 36 Votes)
* Business/Finance Apps (Job Search, PayPal… ) (7.0%, 40 Votes)
* Entertainment Apps (Backgrounds, Bubblewrap… ) (21.0%, 121 Votes)
* Games (Fieldrunners, Enigmo, Flight Control… ) (68.0%, 387 Votes)
* Kids Apps (Balloonamals, Preschool Adventure… ) (3.0%, 16 Votes)
* Medical/Healthcare Apps (iFitness, Lose It!, MedCalc… ) (6.0%, 37 Votes)
* Music Apps (Pandora, Ocarina… ) (22.0%, 123 Votes)
* Navigation/Travel Apps (Google Earth, GPS Tracker… ) (17.0%, 97 Votes)
* News Apps (NYTimes, BNO News… ) (12.0%, 66 Votes)
* Photography Apps (ColorSplash, CameraZoom… ) (16.0%, 93 Votes)
* Productivity Apps (ToDo, Evernote… ) (26.0%, 151 Votes)
* Social Networking Apps (Tweetie, Facebook, Skype… ) (29.0%, 167 Votes)
* Sports Apps (ESPN, Sportacular… ) (9.0%, 52 Votes)
* Utility Apps (Flashlight, Units, Air Mouse Pro… ) (37.0%, 210 Votes)
* Weather Apps (WeatherBug, The Weather Channel… ) (12.0%, 71 Votes)
Total Voters: 572
It seems that Games seems to be the most downloaded type of application followed by Utility, Social Networking and Productivity apps. I would say that I tend to install games most often too however, the apps that I use most often would be utility type apps.
Time for a new poll. The last poll was – Did you upgrade to the 3.0 firmware? Below are the results.
- Yep sure did! (66.0%, 1,093 Votes)
- No, and I’m not going to. (4.0%, 63 Votes)
- I’m going to, I just haven’t yet. (30.0%, 493 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,649
The poll above was taken right when 3.0 was first released. It would be interesting to take it again now and is if the results are any different. You can still vote on this Poll in our Poll Archive page. You can also vote/view all the past polls on the Poll Archive page as well. [Read more...]
Time for a new poll. The last poll was – Will you purchase the iPhone 3GS? Below are the results.
* Yep – It will be my first iPhone! (9.0%, 106 Votes)
* Yep – Upgrading from the 1st Generation iPhone. (16.0%, 191 Votes)
* Yep – Upgrading from the 2nd Generation iPhone. (24.0%, 289 Votes)
* Nope – Keeping my 1st Generation iPhone. (9.0%, 107 Votes)
* Nope – Keeping my 2nd Generation iPhone. (35.0%, 425 Votes)
* Nope – Sticking with my iPod Touch. (6.0%, 69 Votes)
* Nope – Still no iPhone. :( (3.0%, 37 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,224
Now that firmware 3.0 is finally available, did you upgrade? [Read more...]
Like the last poll, I also did this poll before we knew all the details about the iPhone 3G S. Now that we have all the info (and the details from AT&T) I’m interested to see if the numbers have changed any. Let me know in the comments if AT&T’s policy has affected whether or not you are going to be purchasing the iPhone 3G S. Below are the results from the last time we ran the poll.
Will you purchase the new 3rd Generation iPhone?
* Yep – It will be my first iPhone! (8.0%, 64 Votes)
* Yep – Upgrading from the 2nd Generation iPhone. (28.0%, 219 Votes)
* Yep – Upgrading from the 1st Generation iPhone. (17.0%, 130 Votes)
* Nope – Keeping my 2nd Generation iPhone. (14.0%, 109 Votes)
* Nope – Keeping my 1st Generation iPhone. (4.0%, 33 Votes)
* Nope – Sticking with my iPod Touch. (5.0%, 39 Votes)
* Nope – Still no iPhone. :( (1.0%, 11 Votes)
* Undecided – Waiting until after WWDC! (22.0%, 168 Votes)
Total Voters: 773 [Read more...]