Some major updates came yesterday for the top location based social networking apps and strangely all around the same time. I’ll list out the new features of each below but I have to admit that I’m really excited about the updates that have come to Gowalla. This is my favorite of these apps mostly because of the great look and design of the app. I’m excited for the new feature that allows you to add pictures and comments. Check out the rest of the features below.
- Design: A fresh new experience that is more flexible, readable and usable than ever
- Photos: Upload a photo after checking in, browse photos from friends and see photos taken at a spot.
- Checkin Commenting: When a friend checks in someplace awesome, tell them what you think!
- Multiple checkin messages: Skipped typing a checkin message? Come back and add one.
- Hot Spots: Discover the most popular spots nearby
- Browse your friends… and friends of friends.
- Browse friends’ bookmarked spots and created trips.
- More ways to get in touch with Facebook, Twitter and web links for friends.
- Spot details (when available): address, phone number, Twitter name, Facebook page, website
- Brand new look and feel!
- Faster, more efficient checkin and shout flow
- “Places” view now supports categories
- Easily see a history of places you’ve been
-Friend Map has its own tab thanks to your feedback (got more feedback? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
-Loopt Pulse is even better at helping you plan your next move with new Events info from Metromix, ZVents, and SonicLiving
-Listen to music clips from concert Events and RSVP to see who else is going on Facebook!
-Search for Events and Places by date and distance around you, your friends, or specific places
-Share button on Events and Places to share them with friends