The developer of TimeCapsule has released five versions of the application in the last few hours. Version 0.40b1 made quite a few changes to the application. The four versions following version 0.40b1 were just bug fixes. Below is a list of changes via the developer:
0.40b1 Change Log:
• The backup location has changed from ~/Library/TimeCapsule to ~/Library/Preferences/TimeCapsule.
• Completely rewritten SMS Repository
• Changed all popup to slideup (more stable, the popup causes the program to crash sometimes)
• Completely rewritten some file management functions. You will notice that deleting backup is almost instantaneous now. With this update, I can safely add support to backup Mail. Previously, Mail backups cannot be deleted properly, so I did not add Mail support until now
• In the previous version, where the localization function was changed, TimeCapsule only supports English. Now the follow languages are added again:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
• Added support for :
This is a lot of change for an application. I restored my iPhone just before version 0.40b1 was released or I could have tried the new system to restore all my files on my freshly restored/jailbroke iPhone. I will have to give it a shot next time! Other than all the behind the scenes changes, the application looks the same as the previous versions. You can get TimeCapsule through the databinge source.