|Available In: Cydia||Price: Free|
BigBoss has started a post to keep everyone up-to-date on the progress of BossPaper, a very cool wallpaper application. The article includes bug reports (when, if and how they will be fixed), feature requested (when, if and how they will be implemented) and closed out issue reports. If you are a beta tester for the application, you can leave a comment with your thoughts and opinions. BigBoss says that he will keep the post up-to-date.
1) Icon labels are grey – Status: Investigating. I think that the light grey is standard icon color and winterboard themes make the icon labels white. I added a feature request below.
2) Lag introduced on springboard when not using fade transition – Status: Investigating. I cannot reproduce this at this point.
3) Image swaps while on lock screen – Status: Investigating. Still researching if this is a battery issue or if it transitions just one more time after locking. If this is a battery issue, I will consider it urgent for a fix.
4) Dock swap is confusing – Status: Accepted. The dock change feature when winterboard is installed can generate some confusion. The dock is inserted as a winterboard theme and moved to the top. There is no way inside bosspaper to resolve this without opening Winterboard Prefs. But there is nothing that tells the user to do this. I will work something out to solve.
1) Allow for sequential display not just random – Status: Accepted. Will be implemented in future version.
2) White icon label switch – Status: Investigating. Theoretically this could get into “let me choose the icon label color” which was out of scope for the project since it focuses on wallpapers, but I may do it anyway.
3) Lockscreen wallpaper – Status: Investigating.
4) Allow single image select – Status: Accepted. Will be implemented in future version.
5) Release for 2.2 – Status: Investigating.
6) Cube Transition – Status: Investigating. (I do not want to use any opengles in springboard).
7) Import from stock wallpaper folder – Status: Accepted. This is obvious. I cant believe I missed it. You can still import wallpapers using “Browse Folders” and get to /Library/Wallpapers, but this should be a default option.
8) Lock Screen Wallpaper With home button to change – Status Investigating. I like this idea and will probably get to it.
Issues reported closed out:
1) Cydia issue after installing BossPaper – Status: Closed. This is an unrelated issue. See other Cydia bug reports. The comments in this post (not the post itself) offer suggestions for resolving these issues.
2) Theme Icons – Status Closed. Icon theming is out of scope and makes bosspaper become a full winterboard replacement. I may, however, create something that allows for a pick-and-choose for various winterboard themes (this is on my todo list).
You will want to go to the ORIGINAL POST to stay updated.