You can now begin pre-ordering the iPhone 4 via Apple’s website at apple.com/iphone/pre-order. You can either order one right there and have it shipped to your house on June 24th or you can reserve one for pickup in the Apple Store on June 24th. The store will be opening at 7:00am. There are always lots of questions about the process of getting a new iPhone and Apple has done a really good job of answering them. Here’s some of the answers I’ve found:
- You can pre-order online by paying now and getting it shipped for free to your house on June 24th
- You can reserve your iPhone for pickup in the store on June 24th and not pay until you pick it up.
- When shipping to your home, it will be “ready to use”. Later I read, “All you have to do is set it up in iTunes.”, which I understand to be you can activate it with iTunes from home.
- When picking up in the store the will, “get you up and running in minutes” meaning they will activate the new phone in the store.
- Apple stores will open on June 24th at 7:00 a.m.
- The white version is not available for pre-order or in store pickup yet.
- The iPhone is still only with AT&T and you have to have the 2 year contract to get the $199 and $299 pricing.
- You can keep your unlimited data plan when switching to the new iPhone 4
During the process I got a lot of the “We’ll be back soon” screen. Just keep trying, you’ll get through.