|Available In: App Store||Price: Free|
Tonight, Skype was update to version 1.2. The new version adds quite a few new features (see change log below). When you update the app, it
adds has a nice little pop-up when you open the application that says, “This version of Skype is only supported on unmodified iPhone OS 2.2 and 3.0.” The application will still work on a modified OS however, they will not support it if you are having issues. So, if you have a jailbroke iPhone or iPod touch, you can update and the app will still work but don’t run to them for tech support… they might turn you down.
Version 1.2 Change Log:
- Set up call forwarding from your iPhone – forward Skype calls to a phone number when you’re not signed in.
- Improved performance and better audio quality on Skype-to-Skype calls.
- Even easier to send text messages (SMS) – Send SMS from the Call tab.
- Calls are connected much faster.
- Status of your contacts is updated more often.
- You can now decide whether you want to stay online/offline when the iPhone is locked. We’ve added this into settings.
- Contact groups are now supported, making it easier to see who is online and separate your saved phone numbers.
- You can now edit the name of your saved phone numbers.
- Added support for skype: URL schemes in Safari.
- When creating a new account the country in your Skype profile is taken from the language used on your iPhone.
- Group chat profile pictures are now shown.
- You can now remove your profile picture.
- Added a ‘Help’ link to ‘Forgot your password’.
- Improved support for proxy configurations.