Finally, the jailbreak for iOS 7 has been released. There has been a little bit of drama with this jailbreak, more than usual. Basically, the people who wrote the jailbreak were paid to add an alternative App Store to iPhones in China. Like Cydia but for Chinese users. Users in China began to notice that the Chinese alternative app store, called TaiG, had pirated apps on it. That means that they were taking paid apps from the Apple App Store and copying them and making them free in the Taig app store. The jailbreak community wasn’t too happy about this. We even recommended users to not perform the jailbreak until the issue was resolved. Thankfully the alternative app store has now been removed from the jailbreak.
We are now going to jailbreak our devices and we will share a step-by-step guide on how we did it. First we will be using an Mac to jailbreak an iPhone 5 on firmware 7.0.4. This jailbreak works iPhone 5S, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s & iPhone 4 on firmware 7.0-7.0.4 and is compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4.
1. Backup your iPhone using iCloud backup or iTunes.
2. Download the evasi0n7 tool here: (Mac)https://evad3rs.app.box.com/s/gux5ojfn1sbztkkf9u9g (Windows)https://evad3rs.app.box.com/s/u9ucoter5usl2at7ax29
3. If you would like to start off with a fresh iPhone you can download your devices firmware from Apple and restore it. Here are the direct links: http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/more/firmware/ I ran the jailbreak on my iPhone just as it was with all my apps and settings and it worked fine.
4. Make sure your iPhone is connected and open the ecasi0n7 program.
5. You should see this screen:
6. Click “Jailbreak”.
7. You will see the following screens:
8. Once these screens finish you will need to unlock your iPhone and click on the evasi0n 7 icon.
9. Wait while your iPhone installs more of the jailbreak including Cydia.
10. Cydia will now be installed and you’re iPhone is jailbroken. The first time you open Cydia you will need to chose user. You will also need to do any updated within Cydia right away. Check our Cydia section of our website to see what hacks and mods you’ll want to install and congratulations on jailbreaking your iPhone!