|Available In: App Store||Price: $1.99|
Tripod Camera is a multifunctional camera application containing features such as; Anti-Tilt, Anti-Shake, Timer, Full Screen Shutter, Vibrate mode, Fast Saving, 4x Digital Zoom, Tap-to-Focus (3GS only) and the ability to share photos.
In the settings of the application, you are able to turn on/off Anti-Tilt, Anti-Tilt, Anti-Shake, Time, Full Screen Shutter, Vibrate mode and Fast Saving. Each of these option have great descriptions in the settings… props for that!
On the main photo screen you are able to take a picture, zoom in on an image (1x – 4x digit zoom) and preview photos. When you are previewing photos you can easily share them on twitter, facebook, momo or via email. There is also a Tap-to-Focus option (3GS only) that can be enabled/disabled in the stock Settings application under the Tripod Camera option.
I found the Anti-tilt feature to work really well actually, all the features worked really well. I had a little trouble figuring out how the Anti-Shake feature worked but, that was total user error. You have to actually touch the Snap button and then it will automatically take the picture as soon as your iPhone is steady. I keep just waiting for it to take the picture without tapping the Snap button. My bad!
I also like the little features this app contains such as the hand at the top of the screen that tells you when your device is steady. It also displays the current zoom level and if you have a specific option turned on such as the Full Screen Shutter option.
Overall, Tripod Camera is a very nicely deigned and extrememly user friendly application. One of the better camera apps I have reviewed.
It is currently on sale for an introductory price of $1.99.
• Anti-Tilt – On the anti-tilt mode, your photos automatically become parallel to the horizon.
• Anti-Shake - Anti-shake detects the movement of your device and takes photo when it’s steady.
• Full Screen Shutter – The whole screen becomes shutter. Touch anywhere to take a photo.
• Vibrate mode – Your device will vibrate at snap
• Timer – Gives 10 second interval to snap. Time cannot be used with the anti-shake option enabled
• Fast Saving – Shortens processing time by bringing down the size of photos. Your photos will be saved as 640x480px which is suitable for web/email.
• Digital Zoom – 1x – 4x digital zoom in increments of .2 (1.2, 1.4, 1.6… )
• Sharing – Share your photos on twitter, facebook, momo or via email.
• Tap-to-Focus – This feature is only available for the iPhone 3GS and can be enabled in the stock Settings application under the Tripod Camera option.
App Store Description:
Take leveled, clear photos with your iPhone just like when you’re using a tripod. On the anti-tilt mode, your photos automatically become parallel to the horizon. Anti-shake detects the movement of your device and takes photo when it’s steady.
The whole screen becomes shutter. Touch anywhere to take a photo.
• Full screen shutter
Tripod Camera gives you up to 4x digital zoom.
• 1-4x digital zoom
The basic camera features are also provided.
• vibrate when snap
• tap-to-focus (iPhone 3GS only)
Share your photos with friends. You can directly send or publish your photos from Tripod Camera.
• momo (momo is a free personal memo application for web that helps you organize your life scraps. Visit http://momolog.com to learn more.)
tip. “Tap-to-focus” setting is disabled as default on iPhone 3GS. Go to “Settings” on the home screen, and enable the focus option under Tripod Camera.