Kate (also known as Caterpillar) has been update to version 1.3.1. The update only adds one new feature to the application however, it does fix a few bugs and compatibility issue. The new feature is the ability to do a fast respring which means you are able to respring your SpringBoard without going to the lock screen (this will only work with firmware 1.1.3 and up). There is one bug fix that is really nice, Kate is now compatible with Dock, Screenshot and other similar applications. So, those of you who didn’t want to use Kate in the past because it was not compatible with Dock…you are good to go! Also, according to the developers of Kate, this will be the last update for 1.1.x firmware. Any future releases will only be compatible with firmware 2.0 (which only means we are getting closer! YAY!). Below is the complete change log via the developer. Kate is available through the Rip Dev source.
• New version works around the incompatibility issues with numerous products that have daemon applications that use UIKit, such as Dock, Screenshot, and others.
• Better detection of numbers prefixed with GSM codes.
• Several fixes for better detection of numbers.
• Fixed a potential crash when making a call while engaged in another phone call.
• Fast respring for 1.1.3+
• Fixed some potential problems while using themes.
• Fixed a potential crash when all notifications are turned off.
• To conform to the rules, EQ module only works when the iPod EQ is turned on in the Settings.
• No longer affects the ringtones because some of them were awfully distorted.