|Available In: App Store||Price: $0.99|
Photogene is a very sweet photo editing application. I have actually been using BarginBin to keep an eye out for when this app would go on sale and today it did… I was totally pumped! Photogene, normally $2.99, is on sale for the week-end only for $0.99. Honestly, the app is worth the $2.99 price tag but how much cooler is it to get it for $0.99! Photogene has basically every editing tool you could ask for all within an amazing user interface. Seriously a must-have! Check out the full list of features below and some screenshots.
App Store Description:
Photogene is about improving your digital photos and having fun while at it.
This intuitive, easy to use application offers a comprehensive set of professional editing tools.
** Supports photos up to 2048*1536 (3Gs’ camera resolution)
** Direct photo emailing via Photogene (OS 3.0 only)
** Copy to clipboard for later use in other applications such as MMS (OS 3.0 only).
- Crop. Fixed aspect ratios are optional.
- Levels histogram. Manually or automatically correct color distribution, improving brightness and contrast at the same time.
- Gama correction (midtones)
- Separate exposure and contrast buttons.
- RGB balance
- Saturation. Increase or decrease hues intensity in your picture. B/W effect can be reached.
- Color temperature. Correct unnatural colors by adding warmth or coolness to the image.
- Straighten for a tilted image
- Rotate and mirror
- Special effects, such as pencil, sepia or heat-map
- Frame effects: Reflection and Vignette
- Preset and customized frames in various shapes, widths and colors. Selection of shadows – outer and inner glows, gloss, drops shadow.
- Text bubbles of different styles, colors and fonts (just drag and place them wherever you like).
- Multiple Undo-Redo and reset buttons. You can use these features to compare between origin and result.
- Take photos from with in the application
Photogene was featured in one of Apple’s “there’s an app for that” TV commercials, and was picked as one of Apple’s favorites in the AppStore’s 1 year anniversary.
Photogene also received PC Magazine editor choice award and was recently included in O’Reilly’s guide “Best iPhone apps” as best app for editing photos.
Edit your photo, go artistic or be playful. Photogene enables it all in one program.
It’s not just a one time app. Photogene fulfills a wide range of your editing needs and we keep updating it.
See our website for some ideas of what you can do with this app. Also check the tutorial and frequently asked questions section.
Changes are fast and immediate and the features are continuously available on screen. You can navigate easily among the different tools.
The app allows you to zoom in and out and move the picture around, without damaging the editing work. Landscape editing is supported.
When satisfied, save to your photo library for later use (such as sending MMS, uploading to your favorite sites or emailing).