|Available In: App Store||Price: Free|
Meebo has released it’s official app in the App Store. If you are not familiar with Meebo, it is a web based Instant Messaging client that allows you to connect to just about any IM service.
Sticking to Meebo’s simple and sleek style, the iPhone app is just that… simple and sleek (and not to mention pretty quick!). Once you have signed in, you can quickly navigate through your buddy list. Chatting is easy and totally awesome with push notifications!!
In the Account options, you have the ability to change your status, view your accounts and add additional services (there is an extensive list of services available… see list below). Though, I did find Skype Chat missing from the list of available services.
A few cool features of the app are the ability to search the chat history and the ability to quickly switch between chat conversations by swiping left and right.
Overall if you are looking for something simple and snappy… meebo just might be the app for you! Not to mention it’s free! Check out the App Store Description below for the full list of features for the app.
App Store Description:
Meebo is integrated, all-in-one instant messaging that connects you with your friends everywhere.
Meebo has been the leading platform for multi-protocol IM on the web since 2005. With that knowledge and experience, we optimized Meebo on the iPhone for speed, simplicity, and performance.
Meebo supports all the major IM networks:
AOL / AIM, Yahoo!, MSN / Windows Live, Gmail / Google Talk, Facebook, MySpace, and 100+ other networks!
Reliability / Connectivity
- Push notifications even when the app is closed
- Stay connected as you move from Edge to 3G to WiFi
- Meebo’s proven multi-network access protocols
- Automatically reconnect if you lose coverage so you don’t miss a message
Access / Integration
- Searchable, synchronized chat history on your iPhone and meebo.com
- Get Meebo on the web, your desktop, or your iPhone
- Tap any links to open the built-in browser
- Advanced chat session management lets you go seamlessly back and forth between Meebo on the iPhone and meebo.com
- Swipe to switch between multiple conversations
- Rotate for landscape mode and a wider keyboard.
- Message preview from the Chats List
- Full Meebo emoticon support
- Push notifications
- Searchable Chat History
- Sort chats by most recent or full view
- Support for all the major IM networks, and many more
- Buddylist search as you type
- View profile info, status messages, and buddy icons
- Add/Remove individual buddies
- Add/Remove network accounts
- Open and close buddy groups in your Buddy List
- Set custom status messages
- Sign on/off individual accounts
- Set presence to Available/Invisible/Away for individual accounts, or all at once
List of Available Services:
- Are You Interested
- eBaum’s World
- Google Talk
- Operation Sports
- Ultimate Guitar
* List via Mashable