The Dev Team continues to keep us updated on their progress. They are still trying to work out a few bugs (scroll way down) but, they have posted a list on what PwnageTool 2.0 supports so far. It looks as though everything can be jailbroke and activated however, they do not have the iPhone 3G unlocked yet. Check it out:
So, currently (when released) PwnageTool 2.0 will support:-
• iPhone (1st Gen) with 2.0 – Activated, Unlocked & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).
• iPod Touch with 2.0 – Activated & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).
• iPhone (3G) with 2.0 – Activated, Jailbroken (with support for third party applications).
We’ve made some progress on the baseband unlock of the 3G device, but at this point PwnageTool will not support 3G unlocking or BootNeuter on the 3G device. It is, of course supported on the first generation device with 2.0. We’ll push out an update with 3G support if and when it is completed.
As soon as we fix this up and test a bit more we’ll be ready for release, we’ll get back to you with a release schedule soon.
Below is the rest of the update via the Dev Team.
So we’ve been working hard on getting the release ready and during this process we’ve been fixing some final bugs, the actual base of PwnageTool application is working fine and working with all devices that we support. We’ve been restoring our devices to various firmware revisions so that we can try to reproduce the conditions that most users will have. We are able to fully install any applications on any part of the current devices running 2.0 (and b103) and these versions are the iPhone 114, iPhone 2.0, iPhone 3G.
Apple released an update (b103) just before we were about to release and that support had to be added to the current version, it is pointless to release something that doesn’t work on devices out of the box (we’ve been told new 3Gs will have this firmware), we don’t want drama, and we want to do as little support as possible, so we want to make it right the first time.
It was lucky that we delayed slightly as we discovered a bug that causes unexpected behavior when using AppStore and third party applications on the same device. We are working on fixing that bug now, we don’t anticipate it is a big one, it has some really odd side effects, causing WiFi dropouts and the loss of stored passwords for WiFi networks. Of course this is only a minor software issue, nothing like the horrible static MAC address that another “elite byte adjuster” forced upon their users.